Wednesday 13 January 2010

Queenly lace and dainty portraits...

I have been such a good girl lately, as I have not indulged too much in buying and purchasing new things.

However, this is incredibly boring news for my blog readers...Who could ever though that my less-virtuous habit of buying too much makeup could ever be a source of entertainment for others?

To honour decadence, although in a more moderate form, I bought some cards with the image of a Aristocratic Lady receiving courtly affection of a equally poised Gentleman...

Ah, how lovely were the days when courtly love had some codes and regulations...

At least, it seems so nostalgic to think about this. These days, our contemporary selves are thrown in the weird world of dating were rules are based on everything and nothing...

Rules of romantic texting? Not immediately (otherwise you are too eager) but do not wait longer than three days or you seem too uninterested...

Come on, who makes these rules...? What a nonsense...

I would be awful if I would ever be lauched back into the 'dating sphere'....The idea of dating would seem like a total nuisance to me.

I would probably stay single forever......

Anyway, I am drifting off...back to the buying part...ha ha.

I also bought some lace to decorate around the house, or to apply on my clothes.


Lace will be a big thing for the Spring/Summer season. I am really happy to see more feminine clothes making a comeback in fashion, because I already complained about the overly tough fashion trend in this post.

And Vogue is predicting everything pastel, frilly and candy coloured to come back into fashion. Not that I really care what Vogue says, but if these clothes are declared 'trendy', I will have a better chance to find it in the shops...score!

(I bought the card and the lace at an etsy shop called 5dollarfrenchmarket...and guess what, they sell everything in their shop for $5...Très Chique)

7 comments:

Kiradris said...

Lol, I know what you mean. If my boyfriend and I ever break-up, I will remain single for a long time - I hate dating in the modern age.

What pretty goodies, and how cool you know how to sew lace onto your own clothes! I was too attention deficit to learn those skills from my mom.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to resist buying too much cosmetics too, but I still fail, haha... but well at least I haven't purchased anything beauty related for about 3 weeks. Now, I'm keen on getting my hands on these beautiful Spring makeup. :p

Yay for pastel, frilly and lacy clothes! It's really time for some feminine style! <3

Laura L said...

wow, i guess your house should be more feminine now,ha! is really vintage!

Unknown said...

You know that I am a sucker for lace!! If ever I find me a time machine I shall be emailing you non stop to propose an adventure of epic and frilly proportions.

Come along my dear Birkie and let us be contessas of leisure promenading through the ball rooms of London in a time when people still spoke beautifully with the flourish of a well versed vocabulary.


LOL @ Romantic texting

Mona said...

love the old world style card, its got a very feminine and gentle feel to it. <3

Fruity Lashes said...

those cards are so pretty. cutting back on buying makeup is so hard haha

En said...

The cards and lace are just gorgeous. Thank you for sharing the 5 Dollar French Market with us.