Tuesday 15 September 2015

On your Marc...(Jacobs)

Sometimes I get weird makeup-cravings before the actual need is there...

Is that a certain kind of makeup-prevision, or a mere knowledge of seasonal skin-change? 


So I've been getting "On your Marc...get set...Autumn" in terms of foundations, and a primer. I've ordered them when my summer skin had been behaving more than good (thumbs up on innerbeauty tons of superfoods and gentle skincare). And even, dare I say...being satisfied; I was foreseeing this day I would look at my skin and see the imperfections and the need to have more cover.

Oh well, imperfect skin does make a beauty-lover more adventurous in making it look better...And perhaps being a more astute blogger than a flawless blogger who doesn't really need it.

Marc Jacobs' new Re(Marcable) Full Cover Foundation Concentrate claims to have a heavier coverage than I normally would opt for (some on beautyprofessor). I still caved because the same beautyprofessor claims it has "un-scented serum-esque" properties and "the velvety aftermath results in blurred pores, concealed imperfections and a very natural finish".

It was predominantly my own curiosity that gotten me into the new Primer:  Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut  Face Primer. 

Everyone worth its visits to healthgurus like Deliciously Ella will get a Pavlov-reaction of hearing about C.O.CO.N.U.T.S (I'd just spell it gently here).

 The reaction would be squatting (or other crossfit-related activities), looking for Kale to complete Coconut, and finding a slower juicer than you had before!
(ps: don't mind my irony: I'm one of them)

Or, Sinning in 2015 is totally different than 1995:
Same letter, different E... 

Was it Rihanna who started it????
Around 2011: pre-Paleo-hype!
And now everything coconuts reminds us of 'zzzzee exotic' and 'not from a lab' so it must be pure (?)

But honestly my inner system reacts quite well on everything coconut so I love to try the primer for it.


Let's go for the aesthetics first. Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Primer is in a white glass bottle with a enormous bottle cap and a matte sheer bottle that shows the content.

Opening the big 'hat' shows us a pump-dispenser:

So it pumps into a nice, equal blob:


It has this most moisturizer-ish feel. Also in the way it spread, slightly unsightly:


On me, it keeps the feeling of being a moisturizer; though a calming one I'd probably going to love when winter starts and my skin-sensitivities too.

I do not think it does a lot in making my pores appear smaller: Pore me :( 

On the other hand, my makeup stays fresher for 2 hours more.

So I'm primed like a real #Paleo #crossfit woman. What about the foundation?

Marc Jacobs Re(Marcable) Full Cover Foundation Concentrate in 34


I took the hat of in advance, and the bottle is a similar matte, only with a silver dispenser.

Weirdly, How happy I've been with the Coconut Primer's pump, the Foundation has a totally different structure of dispensing. I personally have the tendency to be messy, and this system of drops does not really help me. And there's also a certain ridge in there that somehow samples up my foundation:

I wonder why Marc Jacobs got the Coconut primer right (imo) and made the foundation a different dispenser?

As for the coverage: I consider it on the heavy side.
spreadability

I took the enddresult photo with a extra bit of light:
I like the high coverage, but I'm slightly underwhelmed with the smoothing effect. The vertical lines in my arms are still visible.

I also miss the lumiscence that I often get from other foundations.

In any case, this will become my foundation on days that I need high coverage. However, I do find it needing extra work to keep it looking natural: I am thinking extra highlighter, another primer that does fill out pores and lines, and the likes.

Ofcourse, my opinion is all personal because this foundation might work like a dream on a different skintype. Still I believe a foundation should be easier to work with anno 2015.

Personal concensus: I like the Coconut primer for being so gentily priming and ticking of my #paleo #healthygirl box. The foundation, slightly underwhelmed.

Oh, by the way. In this post I said something about E. So (disclaimer:) I have never done drugs in my young years...just hanging or clubbing with good and lousy friends and the occasional wine/cocktail etc. But the pun behind the E numbers is that many people who are living so healthy these days have been quite naughty before. But that's life and generation amnesia, right?
 

2 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Awww that's too bad that the foundation isn't as amazing as you were hoping for! I love the idea of the primer, I honestly haven't tried more than 2 primers for the face and would really love to try a couple more. I've heard and seen great results with MJ super charged gel foundation and would like to swatch it in store but I don't have any products from his line on my wishlist. Also I don't get the hype about coconut water/juice...it DOES NOT taste anything like the real thing...it taste like the real thing but a bit plasticky and sour! I can't deal with packaged coconut water, have not tried one I could even tolerate! :p

birkinbagbeauty said...

Hi Sharlynn,

I got to agree the real coconutty tastes better but unfortunately most people in Europe would have a hard time finding a good real one: It's not like Singapore...In Holland they come in baby sizes and hardly have 2 gulps of water inside. I do like the packaged Healthy People variety: it tastes rather clean and has not too many E-additives.
From your blog I can see you have such beautiful skin that you would not really need a primer. It might help your other makeup last longer but sometimes I feel too much products on face interfere with each other or start to ball up...