Monday 4 May 2015

Lipgloss Cleanse

Hiya all!

Long time no blog...It often happens to me in April that I feel like doing something de/reconstructing something, like changing a piece of garden. Or, in this case I had a food-change by going glutenfree. Long story, but it involved lots of delicous cooking so the blog was slightly on the sideline.

So we know our detoxes and cleanses with food etc, and it was about time to cleanse some of my lipgloss-stash from many moons ago.


Let's see...what a bunch! I'm gonna list some names:
  • Essence Sunclub 02 Beautiful Bronz
  • Natio Gloss Pot in Paradise & Goddess -such a fun Aussie brand
  • Essence Volume Up Lip Maximizer
  • NYX lipstick in B52 & Tea Rose
  • the Macaron shaped lipgloss is from Korea but I've been away from gmarket so I have no idea what brand it is...
  • L'Oreal lipstick in Aishwarya Rai -I really liked this shade when I was a brunette.
  •  L'Oreal lipstick in Laetitia Casta
  • Benefit Her Glossiness in Who Are You Wearing? & Didn't Hear it from Me
  • Clinique Black Honey lipsheer 
  • MAC lipglass Lovechild
  • Kiehl's Lipgloss Earth Day & Berry 1851
  •  Zoya Hot lips in Sweet Tart
  • Stila IT Gloss in Gorgeous
  • Avon Lipstick Teak Rose
  • Avon Lipgloss Darling Pink
  • NYX lipgloss Vixen & Baby Rose, RLG 23, Smokey Look & Salsa
  • Lavshuca Liquid Lips BE4
  • Etude House 02 from the Falling in Love line
  • L'Oreal Glam Shine Juice in 209 Juice Love
  • Smashbox ?
  • Senna Cosmetic Lush - their lipglosses are so stunning, I need to restock
  • Silk Naturals Lavish Lip Cream in Classic
  • Mac Lipglass Chercher La Femme
  • Mac Lipglass Entice & Sharp Beige
  • Biotherm Gloss Shine 70
  • Elizabeth Arden High Shine Lipgloss in Passion Flower
  • H&M Rich Lipgloss in Peach Parfait
  • Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in 21 Pink Crystals & Cherries in the Glow
  • Avon Glazewear in Darling Pink
  • Dior Rouge in 296 Beige for Office
  • Contem My Gloss in peach- It's the lipgloss I bought in Rio de Janeiro!!
  • Clarins Gloss Appeal in 03 Paradise
  • Laura Mercier Iced Melon - Bring this shade back!
  • L'oreal Glam Shine 6 hr Mauve
  • Lumiere Mineral Cosmetics Lumi-lips in Crushed Velvet
  • MUFE Super Lip Gloss N 14
  • Clinique Longlast Lipstick in Bamboo Pink & Pink Peach
  • Boots 17 Ultimate Volume Lipgloss in Fuzzy Yellow Petal Flutter
  • Calvin Klein Lip Color 10 Peach
  • Giorgio Armani Lip Sheer in 6
  • L'Oreal Caresse Impulsive Fuschia
  • Lavshuca Moisture Melting Rouge in PK-6
  • Majolica Majorca Honey Plump Gloss in PK 384
  • Besame Cosmetics 204 Carmine
  • Almay Lip Shine 04 Violet
  • Bourjois Mini in 11
  • Rimmel Color Show off Lipstick in 130 Love Me & Coral Queen
  • Stila Pink Ribbon edition in Anni
  • The Body Shop 07
  • Bobbi Brown ColorOptions Creamycolor in Grapeberry
  • NARS lipgloss in Triplex
  • Lavshuca liquid lips in PK 7
  • Etude House LUCIDdarling lipstick  in 9  Romantic Rose- I wore this one to the Rihanna Concert!
  • Babypink lipgloss 3

So I basically compiled this list for my readers who had trouble falling asleep ; ). 

But seriously, I still like to discuss a couple of these that I found difficult to let go of.  

 The one from Brazil:

What to do in Rio de Janeiro? I think most people would sit on the beach with their Caipirinha checking out Brazillian bodies in their element. The beauty addicts among us would still like to shop, especially checking out the national brand. The Makeupartists at Contem were such dolls and they picked this gorgeous lipgloss for me. Boohoo, I don't wanna part from this one.

The one for THAT concert:

2010: I was all about Rihanna and her 'Rated R' album (also 'Good Girl Gone Bad'). She came to Holland for a concert and I had to wear my brightest, longlasting colour in Romantic Rose. I picked up my Korean Etude House LUCIDdarling lipstick in Romantic Rose (original review here).

And the fan-club lippies:
 
These have been from Kanebo Lavshuca line: cute, pretty girly cases and a good quality for its price.

More about the pretty case:

 My Besame lipstick! It had been quite difficult for me to get at the time being so I treasured it, but actually seldom wore it...

I think lots of women out there buy more than a pretty colour: we buy an emotion as well, or it symbolises a kind of feeling we had that day, a particular occasion, or that precious Limited Edition that was so hard to get our hands on. Or, in my case I did some swaps with people from other countries to get a specific gloss.
Also, I used to sample all colours that were either rosy pinks or MLBB (my lips but better). These days I have more variety: not just lipglosses and subtle lipsheers but full on colours like NARS Audacious and other fun hues. 

Discovering my older stash again makes me appreciate the beauty of a subtle accent again! I already bought a couple of new lipsticks from Coffret d'Or & Shiseido Maquillage, because they excel in beautifullly balmy lipsticks with the right amount of easy colour.

So do you agree that 'parting is such a sweet sorrow' for your lipglosses as well?

1 comment:

Citrine said...

Haha, I just think parting is sweet after I have them for a few years...I did a dump last fall (a lot of my favorite glosses just went bad during summer)and it kind of give me an excuse to do a fresh start and get a more tailored (maybe not, I just buy whatever that's on sale or has pretty tube) collection...