Thursday 19 January 2012

Things I finished...up...

Hey, I've finished up some-things !

Before doing my beautyblogger's job to add new makeup/cosmetic collections to my beauty-closet, I decided to try and finish up some things.

1. Christophe Robin Shade Variation Mask in Chic Red
Bijschrift toevoegen

Actually, I prefer the French name Rouge Vénitien that stands for Venetian Red...it sounds more sultry and Italian.

So, didn't we see this before? Yes, you have, only I reviewed the Warm Chestnut shade (here)

I have been using this one continuously for 3 a 4 weeks and it has improved the state of my hair. I used it as a conditioner and you have to see it more as a conditioner than a mask, but still good enough to make hair-improvements.

As for the colour, I thought nothing RED was going on, untill my boyfriend noticed me that my hair looked like a blondish red on top of my head. I have lighter hair there, so I kind of had a deep strawberry blonde thing going on....Wow, I always wanted to be a strawberry blonde without too much maintainance. Now I should only draw in some freckles with an eyebrow pencil and I'm good to go.

But seriously, I loved the scent and I will probably repurchase this when I finish up it's sister the Chestnut Brown.

2. Sophyto Omega Daily Moisturizer sample

I like my organic skincare for the fact that it has fewer additionals to upset a sensitive/reactive skin. I do use some more chemical based products too, but for comfort I often go for the organic varieties. And it's winter again so the skin is just more reactive.

This has been a lovely and neutral moisturizer that is more a basic than a product that would target specific aims (anti-ageing/depigmentation/etc). It is the kind of moisturizer that leaves the skin slightly mat and not with that sheen that some product have, which makes it attractive for people with oily/combination skin.

My only gripe was its scent: It smells like Omega capsules (the ones that still smell) and therefore I am still on par if I would go fullsize. I am testing some other organic skincare too at the moment, and that one is rose-scented and scentwise a bit better.

3. Själ Serum 1 liquid vitamin lift

Let's go a bit Swedish with Själ. I received this sample by choosing it myself with my last Zuneta order.

I haven't been using it long enough to say something about the results but I found the texture to be incredibly watery. In Asian skincare it would be seen as one of those water/toner products with additives against a certain skin-problem. I am not too sure about it. Still, during the time of usage it didn't irritate me and it smelled neutral.

4. Rouge Bunny Rouge Sketches on Water Tinted Moisturizer
You know you really love your sample when you treat it like your own baby and scrape the last tiny bit out of the jar: it's exactly with this tinted moisturizer.

Somewhat a smidge too light for my skintone at the moment, but so foolproof for days you want people to think you are not wearing foundation but actually are having a good skin day!

That will be a purchase in the full size, soon....

Anything you finished up lately?

1 comment:

Anna said...

Well, I finished my deodorant, does that count??? On the verge of finishing my makeup remover and Fekkai Apple Cider Clarifying shampoo, which smells divine! Still don't think I'd buy it again, costs too much over here...Nowhere near finishing anything makeup-py, though, shame on me!! xx