Saturday 5 February 2011

Red Red Valentine (nails)

"Valentines Day is almost near...so hide away, my dear..."

This nursery rhyme-attempt is fortunately not to be found elsewhere but my blog...he he, it simply spells out the ambivalence I have towards valentines day.

I really love romance and I am a true girl at heart...so yes, the sloppy things that we see in movies with the roses, candlelights, music, etc etc make me go 'aww' too. And I believe it is good to have a fixed day that romance and love is a bit mandatory, because, ahum, how should some men ever remember to do something for their loved one, right? It is just that I believe love and romance should come a bit more spontaneous and not a calender-date...

Still, when you go for it...you should really go for it!

And I cannot believe of a better colour for valentine than red (well, aside of pink, ofcourse). So I listed a couple of red hot colours with that lustre that are really Valentine (or Love) worthy...

All of these colours are of the same family of deep reds with a shimmery base. Feel free to click on each of them to see a close up...

Never without the names...


They are all different from each other, when looking closely. The only twins to be found are OPI Romeo & Joliet and Illamasqua Scarab. The smidge of a difference is that Illamasqua has a slight purple tint in its shimmery base, whereas OPI stays red/brownish...


Tomorrow I will plan another Giveaway of the Illamasqua Scarab. Beside of this swatch, I have never used it...I love it, but it matches my good ol' Romeo & Joliet just a bit too much.

When you really want to add some shimmer and shine, the Nfu Oh 51 is a supergorgeous polish...


That makes me wonder, what are you planning to do for Valentine?

5 comments:

Cinnabunnie said...

i like the nursery rhyme! i would totally hide too. v-day is S.A.D. for me lol I'd probably sit at home and watch sappy movies by myself and eat ice cream ^^

Fruity Lashes said...

lovely! scarab is so pretty. and i love banner picture.

Milz said...

Nice sades,mulberry and scarab are gorgeous

Jenni said...

i love all the deep reds here <3 i think i'll watch a movie with my bf...that's all :)

Ami said...

Gorgeous shimmery reds!! Personally I plan on wearing Essie Fishnet Stockings on my nails for Valentine's Day =) It's my go-to, perfect, red creme NP!