Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Newly Arrived: Illamasqua Art of Darkness 4-Colour Liquid Metal Palette 02

It's alter ego time

Yes, I have been indulging modestly in some of the collections released for this autumn. The modesty part has not been too easy,  however, I decided to pick out some newer things from the fall items released instead of constantly repeating buying similar products and colours.

Well, Illamasqua often has a way of making novelty colours and items.There has always been an element in their brand that I found to be quite innovating and attractive. The whole idea of linking to that dramatic 1930s era of decadence and drama. The idea of skipping the whole 'natural-but-not-really-natural' makeup look, which I often like for daytime purposes (and many people with me), but actually can be quite uninspiring when you really want to dazzle.

Weirdly, I had been skipping their Autumn 2009 release based on their name: Distopia. I kind of like my utopias, even if they would stay only a dream of bliss. Unlike that, I was quite drawn to the 2010  'Art of Darkness' description...Darkness is alluring...a tad dangerous but also a period of new interpretation of things. 

Further on, I really like the colour scheme that Illamasqua composed for their Art of Darkness collection.

One of the products that was top on my lust-have list was the 4-colour Liquid Metal Palette in 02. It was not directly released with the other items from the collection, so I had to wait eagerly for a couple of days before ordering it.

When it arrived I was slightly amused by the black, curly snippets in the box. It resembled a bird nest of a bird of prey, or a kind of prehistorical/sci-fi future birdlike figure that flies around in the art of darkness.  So, my first picture I wanted to place the palette in that birdness as a sort of egg...

Illamasqua Art of Darkness in its nest
 I love the packaging because of its green overglow on the black packaging. I do not want to throw it away, even though it has no use in storing it.

Backside has the fantastical description behind Art of Darkness. Oh, I see that they discuss the mythical things (ha ha, there are those bird-like figures I mentioned) and Elixir of Life....Ohh, Elixir of Life...

Illamasqua Art of Darkness 4-colour liquid palette: "do not use on lips"
 So, what has come out of the eggs?

These are absolutely the type of metals that appeal to me. It has a darkened teal, a rusty gold, a beautiful maroon and a cobalt-blue shade.

Illamasqua Art of Darkness 4-Colour Liquid Metal Palette 02: inside
Up close my still virgin-like palette
The cobalt-blue:

 The rusty gold:

 The reddish maroon:
 My favourite one: the darkened teal

 The swatches:
I have no review to write about the palette yet, as it has just arrived and I haven't been able to test its endurance (etc).

Illamasqua 4-colour liquid Metal Palette 02 is available on their website, and it will probably be released at the other distributors such as and soon.


Shanghainese Dumpling said...

These colours are beautiful, I think you could use it as a gel liner too.

Cinnabunnie said...

the beautiful rich metallics are stunning! cant wait for your review ;)