Monday 1 February 2010

Things that absolutely did not work (and were not cheap at all)

My title has been ridiculously long today But sometimes I just get frustrated with buying things that are hyped all over, and have absolutely no effect.

Today I will look at hair things.

I will start with the most expensive product. I was really enthousiasic about trying Shu Uemura Tasai cream.
  • because it is incredibly difficult to get. I think that only Shu Uemura hairdressers sell this, and ebay.
  • it was used on Alexa Chung in Marie Claire's photo shoot (here). Alexa has some coooool hair, the right kind of sloppy and nonchalant with a sexy twist. Worshipblues loves her style as well. She is the girlcrush of a lot of UK people, I guess...
  • Glamour.co.uk had a hairdresser raving about this stuff.
  • It is EXPENSIVE, $30 excluding shipping, so it must do something good, right...(eehm)
  • lots of girls on the beauty-blogosphere seem to like it too...
  • Tasai, that sounds like a Japanese miracle potion that will transform my hair into Goddess material
  • Oh, it looks soo stylish in its sleek, black bottle...
Well, it does absolutely nothing...blah...it makes it even more complicated to handle.
Moreover, my partner even commented on my hair LACKING shine...well, before he notices anything...? (men, sight).
Anyway, I have virgin (undyed hair) and it is always a bit shiny because it has not been damaged so much...This product managed to take away the natural shine.
Ok, so this product would be ideal for girls and boys who like the matte look of 'I-do-not-care-about-my-looks-my-hair-etc' (but are always busy trying to look their best)

So, before being too negative today...let me show you what does work:

Good old John Frieda's Volume line...
Only a third of the price that Shu Uemura Tasai costed me...and also easily available in every drugstore around the corner...
Volume, shine and manageability in one blue can....

My second product that did not help is a supplement I bought on vitacost.com:
Biotin from NSI
I wanted nails that would actually grow a bit without splitting or breaking off...(remember this post?)

I have been taking these supplements since mid-October. That are almost 3 months, so there should be some results, not?
Nope, no results at all...My nails are still thin, breaking off, and lacklustre looking.
Blah...
I do not know if the brand is not really reliable, but it just does not deliver...
So, for the hair and volume I have my good old John Frieda, but I still need to find something for my nails...

No comments: