Sunday 24 May 2009

Paul & Joe Dual Protective Foundation UV in 10

On monday this week I blogged about my new Paul & Joe goodies that arrived from Beautybay.com. I already looked at the Bronzer in Deity 01 (here), and I have to say that I tested it on my face, and it looked quite natural, even though I was afraid it would turn up too orangy. The thing is, that P&J makes their powder so fine and sophisticated, that you can dust a light layer over the face (the places that the sun hits your face: cheekbones, nose, forehead), so it does not look like I have been tangoed...

I promised to take a look at the other Paul & Joe product as well: the Protective Dual Foundation UV in 10. Today I road-tested it in sunny weather, and I have been quite satisfied with it, so far so good :D



It has SPF 20 PA++. I have a sunblock in my moisturizer, however, I always like to have extra protection. Click on the next picture for the ingredients.


The case is so pretty in ivory creamy white with all the artdeco-esque flowers on top.







P&J included a sponge with their foundation. It is, indeed, sold as a powder foundation. I prefer to dust it on like a powder-like product: with a powder brush. The powder is so incredibly fine, and gives a light to medium coverage.



The colour can be described as NC20 colour: it is a tad too light right now, however, I am sure it will make an excellent companion in my bag during the Autumn and Winter months.


I will update this post with a swatch on my arm or piece of paper soon

6 comments:

Amanda K said...

The packaging is so pretty.

Jamilla Camel said...

I am really glad the Bronzer worked out for you! I agree that P&J's formulations are sheer and delicate and don't tend to overwhelm.

I am glad you like the powder foundation...Jess got it in Shade 00 and it was a perfect match! I'm surprised that the shade 10 is a bit light on you...I always thought you had very pale, porcelain skin!

Lovely haul!

Unknown said...

lush loot!!

P&J packaging gets me everytime. My fave P&J things are their face powders/highlighters!! I love em!!

birkinbagbeauty said...

Hi Amanda Sunshine,
Welcome to my blog and thank you for posting a comment. P&J makes the best packaging!

Hi JC,
I am pale, but I get sucked in in selftanner during the sunny days...

ehm, I know, I should embrace my natural paleness and take an example of the gorgeous fellow bloggers with porcelain skins who embrace it, but it is so hard in my culture, so I use a bit of 'fake; every now and then...he he, it is better than the real sunrays that some girls still actually do around here (shame on them!!!)

Hey Young cow, (old cow-soul, I'll guess: in India you would be considered sacred) Highlighters!!!! ack, I have to try those from P&J as well!

Anonymous said...

The packaging is so pretty! I think this is Nikki's (Askmewhats) favorite foundation, if I'm not mistaken. Thanks for the review, I really wanna try this.

www.Cosmetic-Candy.com said...

Wicked Haul! I like the teapigs I'm into herbal teas as it is so I am always looking for new ones to try :)