Tuesday 21 April 2009

Springtastic

I have been having a haul-modest week, I think. The weather has been sweet and I have been exploring my large stash of happy coloured lipsticks to match the weather. I have been loving my Nars Niagara lipstick a lot: which is a bit dry compared to the smoothness of several Japanese brands, but it is opaque enough for the vividness of the corally pink to shine through.

Another sunny haul that arrived was my silknaturals.com products. I blog a lot about Japanese and Korean cosmetics, but I still love the small mineral makeup companies in the US.

Silknaturals is one of my favourites, as they make wonderful lipsticks that flatter even the strangest skintones (mine, for example). And their pigments are often Mac dupes, but of a more natural quality, which my sensitive skin likes. And her shipping is really fast, especially for international girlies, so my cosmetic craving takes often less than a week to satisfy...


I ordered a small haul which consisted of the two latest lipsticks in Mirabelle and Whirlwind, 2 blush samples in Drama (MAC emote clone) and Gemini (NARS orgasm-like) and received a free eyeshadow in Pink Twink (the fun thing is that EVERYONE receives a free sample if you purchase over $10, which is such a lovely deal).


I also threw in a couple of skin serums in Oatmeal and Rose, which are both suitable for a sensitive skin. I am always on the lookout for good samples for my ...(fill in any age)...-something skin.






The Pink Twink looks more brownish than pink, but Silknaturals prides themselves for making age-friendly makeup which looks flattering and not clashing. It makes a wonderful colour for on the lid.

The Gemini blush looks really vivid. The glitters are a bit too much for me, but I think it would be a dream for lots of bloggers to wear a colour like this, especially when you enjoy several NARS colours. I think it is really pretty, but I would love to see this in a lipstick instead of on my cheeks. It looks lovely applied with a light hand, and having buffed away the glitters.

I haven't tried the original Mac Emote yet, but I am adoring the Drama colour. I was 'blessed with an enormous 'bump' on the side of my nose after eating too much bad food, and after concealing I removed the redness but still had the bump. Drama limited the 'drama' of having an extra nose (which is how my boyfriend called it...há) by concealing its 'bumpiness'. So, I have to buy this in full-size, or I have to visit the mac counter for the real thing...

Whirlwind lipstick is supposed to be a clone of the discontinued Mary Kay Pink Pout lipstick. I am not familiar with Mary Kay but the colour itself was supposed to be a cult colour. It was described as a 'rosey mauve with hints of brown' which suited my preference...
Mirabelle is descibed as a 'true warm peach shade'. It looked like a stunning pinky coral in the swatches at silknaturals, so I threw it in my cart as well. They retail for $4.50 which is a steal for such lovely lipbalms.
The swatches look different on my skin than seen at their site. The Mirabelle looks really warm, which is a bit of a pity. It is still a lovely lipbalm, though.

Continuing to springtastic talk: these little fellow have been my street buddies in the neighbourhood. They are sooo tiny, and so cute! I think they are siblings, as they stick with the same mother. Mother was quite protective when I took pictures of them.

I love this about spring, all the cute baby animals and flowers and vivid colours...

6 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

Springy colors...yum!! The textures look really nice, too. like the samples you sent me. They go on like...silk!

Are those baby goats? It's lamb city around here, and even the foxes are getting frisky! CUTE!

Didi said...

Those little babies are so precious!

fuzkittie said...

Omg the babies!!! So cute!

cheryl said...

i finally saw your nars niagara lipstick and it looks real nice! i'm thinking of getting another shiseido perfect rouge lipstick. they're great!

Anonymous said...

Your swatches always look so good! You take great photos :) Drama looks a lot like NARS Laguna!

cavano said...

I love SN too! In fact, I'm going to place an order tomorrow, yay :). Btw Gemini reminds me of Maquillage Face Creator 3D #11 from the swatch!! Is it?