Sunday 23 November 2008

little gift to me

Last week was a toughie: I had to contact several people to inform if I could be in the Master University programm of Comparative Studies in Februari 2009. To make a long story short: first I was told it was possible, only to be told by person no 2 that it was not possible all. Sight, I hate to be so helpless in such a situation and just wait for the mercy of other people (who cannot seem to follow the same protocol or such)...

Soooo, I think I deserved a little treat. And this week I was finally able to buy the Chanel Lumiere Tropicale palette for a reasonable price on ebay.

Isn't it a pretty palette....?


I already have two Chanel blushes: the round powder blush in Rose Petale and the square Irreelle blush in Glamour... I really like both and I am looking forward to the little blusher (Ireelle) that is in the palette.

The palette was voted as best all over palette in Allure's list this year. Normally I am not a fan of the best-of-beauty lists in magazines, because sometimes they promote crap because a. they are sponsored to do so; b. rely on the companies that send beauty items (so if L'óreal desides to send 1000 beauty product and brand X sends only one, guess who is better represented).

Anyhow, I loved this year's list, and I even suspected that some of the beauty editors had been reading makeupalley for inspiration (because some nomitations really coincide).

But who cares, I have found a lovely new palette that can join my beautiful family of palettes ♥♥♥

8 comments:

Digital Angel said...

Awwww, I hope you feel better, and this palette is so pretty. You should do review on them too I can't wait to see pretty colors :) *hugs*

birkinbagbeauty said...

Thanks Digital Angel...I will review the palette as soon as it arrives by mail...

Unknown said...

Good for you my dear!! You defo deserve lots of treats. I hope it all works out for you. I would also love to know what you are attempting to master in. *cheeky*

Kimberly said...

Gorgeoussssssssss Palette!!!
Don't you just love gifting to yourself once in awhile?!?!? "le sigh" now thaaaat's LOVE... HAHAH

Beautiful blog!

Digital Angel said...

I didn't know where to comment this since you don't have cbox thingy :) Pure Ice quality is pretty good, no complain, usually I pain nail polish about two or three times. It's pretty cool :) You should try, just get one if you see you like it!

birkinbagbeauty said...

Hi Kimberly Tia, yup...nothing better than some good ol' spoiling ;D and who knows what you want better than yourself?

Hi Digital Angel, mmm...I could upload a comment box, which would be quite handy. Thanks for the lowdown on the polishes :D

Anonymous said...

this palette is so gorgeous! i find that if i ever own any pretty stuff, i won't have the heart to use them, and js have to chuck them away when they expire :(

birkinbagbeauty said...

Hi Prettybeautiful, ha ha...I can be quite the same. It is a good thing I promised Digital Angel to swatch, otherwise it could end up in my drawer
(check out the products I haven't used yet on http://birkinbagbeauty.blogspot.com/2008/10/too-beautiful.html ...oh btw, I 'deflowered' the Dior idirescent leather...yippy)