The idea of September got me into recaptulating the things about Summer 2013.
there was the search for the ultimate summer perfume:
Looking at the middle bottle you might think I found my object of fragrantica 2013, but that beauty of a scent has been my 2012 discovery.
I haven't found it this year (yet), although I like the idea of Maison Kurkdjian Aqua Vitae.
Some of the scents I have been sampling & trying:
- Frederic Malle 'Dries van Noten'
- Frederic Malle 'un Fleur de Cassis'
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Chatoyant, Lilt & Incantation
- various Hermes, eg Jour d'Hermes
- L'Artisan Parfumeur Caligna, Dzingg, & Seville a L'Aube
- I knew Kai from 2008 but I tried it again if I was more gentle-feeling towards heady Gardenias
- Bex London N6
This sounds like a perfect example of a first world luxury problem ｡◕‿◕｡. Eventually I have found some gorgeous scentual concoctions in other types of aesthetic products, such as the Diptyque Tubereuse candle & the gorgeously scented Darphin nourishing satin bodyoil.
Have you found a fragance that has captured the mood of summer '13?