Thursday 19 November 2009

All about the pout...Suqqu Blend Lipstick 17 Maizakura

I have these urges that bring me into temptation...

...to redefine my ordinary mouth into something more soft, balmy, dewy, luxurous and sometimes tempting...

and sometimes these wonderfully, dewy, and technologically enhanced lipsticks are absolutely brilliant for making your lips look better and - more importantly - making them feel better (moisturized, dewy, soft) as well.

Oh my, I make up these excuses to buy more pretty lipsticks and lipbalms, just because I like it...

One of my latest purchases is a new product venture and a introduction to a new Japanese brand: I popped my Suqqu cherry by buying a Suqqu lipstick on the internet. I chose colour no. 17 Maizakura.


Suqqu is a high brand Japanese cosmetic line and is quite hard to find outside Japan or outside the Department store counters of the UK. I knew I wanted to try something from their line as well, however, I found the prices in some online shops a bit too hefty, considering that I had no reference at all of how the colour would look like. Thus, I bought a reasonably flattering (based on swatches) looking colour online.

The lipstick comes in a sleek, and elegant tube with a colour mixed between maroon and purple (paroon perhaps?)

When opening and twisting up the lipstick, I found the colour to be quite vivid-looking hybrid between coral and pink. I love these kind of shades, although I do not buy them that often.

That is because they are not often released by my favourite lipstick makers: mostly Japanese brands or one of Christian Dior latest balmy lipstick releases. I have a colour similar to this, which is Niagara from Nars (post over here). However, Nars is a lovely brand when you demand a matte or dryer type of lipstick.

My dear pout is really addicted to the latest technologies that give it softness, sheen and the illusion of plumness. Does that make me demanding? Perhaps. But there are such good lipsticks out there, why settle for something that does not suit me, right?

Up to the colour and swatches. Well, as I wrote down earlier...it is a lovely peachy pink or a pinky peach, depends how you see it. I was exhilerated that there was actually some kind of sunshine today, so I finally could attempt to make a true-to-life picture of the colour.

And a swatch on my skin. It is dewy, yet it still deposits quite some colour! It is not completely a sheer lipstick, neither a full pigmented one. I find it to be moisturizing and it last for approximately one hour, which must be converted to a 4 hours to normal girls who do not drink so much water or snack so much as I do...

My arms have some weird pigmentation, though...the right side is so much lighter than the left side.

I find these kinds of colours such happy shades, and I normally keep them in my drawer until spring or summer. However, I think I will be sporting this lipstick in this autumn as well. I think it will be ok to break the beauty rules of "dark lipstick in fall/winter and light/perky colours in spring"...who cares about these rules. I want my mouth to look cheerfully springlike...

The price is a bit less of a positive story. Suqqu is a high end brand and the lipstick do not come cheap. Think Clé de Peau territory. I would suggest browsing ebay for cheaper prices. However, that will limit the amount of choice you can have. Suqqu is not sold oftenly on ebay.

Other options are befriending Japanese of British people who are willing to make a purchase for you, or you already live in Japan/UK and can go to the fancy department stores yourself and be in makeup heaven (lucky bunch!).

Or you can browse on ichibankao.com and have your pick!

6 comments:

em said...

this looks like a great lipstick! I love NARS niagara too so I think I would like this! :)

Citrine said...

I like the tube and the name of the lipstick...Anyway, I probably wouldn't get it even when I am 10 years older and a lot more well funded...I just have a predisposition that lipstick should gives a decent coverage...If I want a tad bit of color, I will just go for some 5 dollar Revlon.(Even if the sheerness gives a very nice enhancement...it wouldn't look all that different from a sheer balmy gloss...)

sizbelle said...

the lip stick look really nice especially the packaging haha.

suqqu's stuffs are consider as quality items which is slightly pricey compare to other range. But like you mentioned they onlu retail in UK/JP, btw they have shop in bangkok, thailand too... think the price in UK still the better one if i'm not wrong.

Unknown said...

I am a suqqu fan too!!! If you ever want something...I can do a grab and so for you xx

Unknown said...

and if any of the above, I can see the swatches the lucky ones made! ^_^ hehe Thanks for the review! It's a pretty color!

NottyEvil said...

all SUQQU products are so fine in texture. i like it more so then cle de peau. great color shown here :) very classy!