Wednesday 29 October 2008

Kanebo Kate Rouge ex in BE 18

The Kanebo Kate collection of this Autumn consisted of some additions of their existing products, such as the Glamtrick palette.



They also launched a new lipstick: the Rouge extra lipstick. As I am in a lipstick-craving mood lately, I really wanted to purchase this one. The question was, where?

I decided to buy one at ichibankao.com. I spotted this product a bit cheaper on jpmon.com, however, shipping is more expensive if you buy only a few items, so I decided to order just one product (free shipping) on ichibankao.

So here is the product...



And the beautiful black tube (and I already stained the tube with my fingerprint, LOL)



The product by itself...left in natural light, right in direct sunlight. As you can see, it is a true beige neutral...



When I first swatched it, it looked quite MLBB (my lips but better).
However, on my somewhat pigmented lips, it looked a bit more beige, which makes it ideal for a strong eye and neutral lip. My lips can be a bit red and restless without a lipstick, and this beigy neutral is a wonderful tool to tone them down a notch.



The texture is both moisturizing as medium pigmented. Several japanese lipsticks can be a bit sheer (which i personally love). This lippy, however, is a tad more pigmented, but still sheer enough for a natural look.

Overall, I like this lipstick and I will probably buy some more colours soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I too am loving Kate lippies! The price, the quality and those sexy black exteriors.

Anonymous said...

I just bought this lip color today! And the same shade. I love it so much too!

Bijin Blair said...

Thank you for posting a review on this range from Kate! I was searching high and low for more information on it =D