Monday 20 January 2014

The Argan Posse...

Oils and cosmetics products with Argan have been de rigueur since a while. Basically, they work and they have an excellent blendibility with other ingrediënts.
One of the lesser known hairoily serums I have been loving lately is Goldwell Elixir with Argan & Tamanu oil. Tamanu is probably the Argan of 2014, and both oils are brilliant for dry and damaged hair.

Goldwell is in the cheaper section than its posher sister Kerastase Ultime. Nevertheless, I've been preferring this thicker serum for a while before/during blowdrying in the ends of my hair. It prevents split ends, seals existing dry hair and gives an excellent sheen. I really like it's vanilla-like fragance: quite reminiscent of Morrocan Oil.

It's sold out at Beautybay right now: I got a better deal in this Dutch webshop for about €13. It's available at Goldwell hairdressers too.

4 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Only 13 Euros! Amazing! I would love an Argan or Macadamia oil hair spray right now! I really need some kind of treatment for my hair since its so long right now! Thanks for recommending this spray, I'll be looking for something similar!

birkinbagbeauty said...

Yes, it's really an excellent value. Often when something has been invented by hightech & expensive brands, the cheaper will take notice and make something similar. Perhaps not so fair for them but better for our budgets :)

Unknown said...

Argan works a treat on my hair...the Keihls one ins particularly good as it somehow *magically* turns my frizz into curls.

birkinbagbeauty said...

Kiehls? Brilliant, gotta remember that one too...it's probably pure Argan, right?