I did, but those remarks and the skin around my eyes in the mirror did seem quite dehydrated for sure.
I eventually went for a brand not available in the Netherlands (yet) based on a GWP and some good reviews. It helps that it's an organic brand, and I've been trying some other samples from them and liked them a lot.
Generally, 10 ml is not that much, but the hygienic pump-system hands out the right amount of micro doses that is enough to cover around both eyes.
|Pai Echium eyecream: rich, but absorbs easily|
I took my Pai Echium on my last long-distant trip and I loved applying in generously and tapping it in for a while. These rituals can be soothing being in a place that is not that normal (to me, some people travel so much for their jobs)
Thus, the verdict:
- a rich, winter-proof eyecream that absorbs quickly
- both suitable for day & nighttime (on semi-mature skin)
- fragance free
- instant relief in dryness after application
- perfect for travel
- more rested appearance around eyes in the morning (after sleep)
- I do not have that many dark circles, so I cannot report on how it works in that field
- perfect doses of product after one pump for both eyes
- one bottle lasted me almost 2 months, with frequent application in a dryer, colder winter
- Last time I visited the niche/cosmetic shop, that same saleswoman didn't say anything about my eyes anymore (not that I had other cosmetics concerns, eg. hair, but that one was covered)
- mid-price range for about £21.60.
I really like this eyecream. The only reason I haven't repurchased it yet is because I'm still curious about the Barefoot Botanicals Rosa Fina eyecream that I have stocked up on, and had really high ratings in the beautybible tests.
I bought mine on naturisimo.com (here) but it's also available on feelunique.com. Naturisimo is cheaper, though, and you have the choice between 5 samples of a generous range of products (here).
Thanks to a commenter: If you buy from their website www.paiskincare.com and spend more than £20, use the code GTG on checkout and you get a free full size Echium Eye Cream until February 4th.