Monday 30 April 2012

NARS 413 BLKR & Catrice Swimming with Dolphins

A while ago I stumbled upon a  post from CaféMakeup who compared NARS 413 BLKR eyeshadow with some eyeshadows of her stash (link). I notices a lack of dupes but NARS 413 BLKR actually reminded me a lot of a Catrice eyeshadow I had

So, just a quick post to compare two eyeshadows and to see if they are identical twins, fraternal twins, sisters or distant familiy
They look rather similar in the pan.

Swatched without primer:
The intensity of NARS 413 BLKR is more intense than Catrice. But because I swatched it without primer I am quite sure that I can intensify the colour of Catrice Swimming with Dolphins to the NARS standard.

The difference might be in the luminace on the NARS BLKR: it has a slightly metallic mermaidy glow whereas the Catrice Dolphins is, indeed, more dolphin-like.

Conclusion:

More fraternal twins or sisters than identical twins, but the colour family is quite the same and for the price (& availability in European countries) I would recommend going for Catrice. Catrice retails around 2.54 EU & NARS 24.00 EUR.

No comments: