Wednesday 11 January 2012

Mid Weeklies

Houston, we have our second week of 2012...


1. The trotting Rooster...
Somehow I am into Rooster-metaphors and sayings, and one of the better ones is from Nigeria: "A rooster does not sing on two roofs". Actually, it is a Ntomba proverb, and I tried to search google but I couldn't find a good description. 
Somewhat, I think it is about multitasking and considering the rooster is a male animal we all know that men shouldn't multitask...haha. Perhaps it is about infidelity, but somehow I do not think so.
After all, in our culture the rooster is the early bird, and perhaps I am a bit of an early bird myself...


2. Makeup and hair inspiration (or impossiblitity)
I really like her Veronika Lake-curls and I wonder how I would do such a glossy and groomed interpretation of that on my own hair. Perhaps with those set-in curlers my mum used to have.
I love the contradiction of her heavier madeup eyes and the pale lipstick, but somehow I cannot pull of pale lipstick myself, so I declare a full-on copy of her makeup an impossibility as well, but at least I will try with a neutral but more colourful lip...

No comments: