They have both a different purpose. Eyelashes are eyelashes, but the brush and formula can make the difference. So I have a under-row lash mascara for review and a 'standard' mascara.
I start off with the special one. I spotted the DejaVu Tiny Sniper on sasa, and it was the name that got me.
Sniper, according to Wiki:
A sniper is a marksman who shoots targets from concealed positions or distances exceeding the capabilities of regular personnel. Snipers typically have specialized training and distinct high-precision rifles.
So the name is a bit...violent? But I get the idea that the sniper mascara is so good it targets the smallest lashes:
|DejaVu Tiny Sniper lower lash mascara|
One of the hottest makeup items in Japan, DEJAVU FIBERWIG Tiny Sniper is a paint-on false lash that instantly transforms into wrapping firm and multiple fiber to lengthen your lashes.
Lengthen the tiny lash at the corners of eyes and lower lash
It contains the ultra-soft fiber which is specially for tiny lashes, resulting in separate lash look.
Light and smooth mascara does not cake, resulting in long and natural-looking makeup finish.
The tiny brush and long handle enable convenient and accurate application.
No “panda eyes”
It instantly transforms into adhering firm to resist sebum, water and sweat. No smudge.
It could be removed by warm water. No damage to lashes
- Comb eyelashes with eyelash brush. Curl up eyelashes with lash curler.
- Take out the mascara brush. Brush your eyelashes outwards and horizontally. Brush the outer side of eyelashes first then the inner side for curly eyelashes.
- Apply the second layer if necessary. Reapply after the previous layer dries.
- Tidy up with eyelash brush.
I really like and enjoy the mascara for the tiny lashes of my under ánd upperlashes. That is right: I use it as a upperlash mascara as well. It is so precise that I get this wonderfully long and defined look. It only takes a bit longer to obtain the look, but it works.
It does wash off with warmer water. People who know the wash-off formula know it crumbles down to black tiny balls, and you can wash it off.
Overall, a wonderful mascara for a lengthening (not so thickening) and precise application of mascara.
I purchased the Tiny Sniper on sasa (here) for $12.20
To give away the clue, I have not been so enthousiastic about the next one: Kiss me Heroine Make Impact Frame & Curl Mascara.
But it is a question of preference...I will explain further.
Adambeauty has this description up on the Lash & Curl (the black, new one)
Google translate translated the Chinese into this:
Ying Xian Feng exceptionally strong long mascara. III design with a round brush to create his best eyelashes, like wearing false eyelashes, Fung Ying effect of 80% over the same series. 。 Plant wax components with triple, so lasting curl mascara all day.Lasting waterproof formula, anti-sweat, tears, and grease. Repair plant components, protect the eyelashes break.
Yeh, I never said Google translate is perfect...
First, the Frame and Curl is the one in black on top, and the other one in red is the Kiss Me Heroine Long& Curl one.
I basically like the red Long & Curl for the formula, but most importantly because of the brush. The formula leaves lashes curled and black, but not too stiff.
The stiffness is the biggest problem of the Frame & Curl one. But it has other downsides I dislike:
- The brush is not precise enough. It is one of those plastic brushes with both sides, one with hardly any brush and the other side with longer, comb-like pins. One coat left my eyelashes overcoated, and my upper eyelids as well!
- The formula leaves lashes like a thick coat of Superglue. Horribly stiff and unconfortable.
- That makes it a B%&@# to take it off. It rivals the notorious Majolica Majorca mascara times 10....
- So, I gotten irritated eyes the morning after because of the almost impossible way to remove it all. Yeh, I have tons of Japanese mascaras so I know how stubborn some can be (Majolica Majorca??), but this tops them all.
I am suprised this mascara is so different than the red long & curl one of Kiss Me Heroine, because I really like that one and I rotate it on regular basis.
Still, it gotten some raves on other blogs, so it might not work for me but it could work for you.
I bought the Kiss me Heroine Frame and Curl on adambeauty over here for $15.50
Now I am curious for the Kiss Me Heavy Rotation Long Volume Dynamic mascara. I wonder how that one will work...
Did you have any new mascara discoveries lately?