Saturday 21 May 2011

Something Shu about Catrice

In one of my  last drugstore visits I noticed something slightly familiar in the makeup department.

Yeh, I love my more-difficult-to-get cosmetics that I have to order from outside Holland a lot, especially the refined technologies in Japanese (and Korean, and Taiwanese) cosmetics, but I do like some brands that are available over here as well. Especially when they are quite good.

To continue, I noticed that makeup brand Catrice had something quite Shu Uemura about their new packaging:



Ok, the Catrice is a tad bigger than the Shu Uemura, but the design is quite copycat!

And the quality is quite good: Shu ME Brown 885 on the left and Catrice Swimming with Dolphins (Loooove their names):

I haven't swatched the far right one with the gorgeous decoration. It is from their Wonderland Collection and is called C01 Fairy Dust, because I might add this one in a near future giveaway (Watch this space). But this Dutch blogger made a fab swatch of it, so check it out! (here)

So, imitation is the highest form of flattery? Well, if the quality is really good and the price is right, for me, yeh, sometimes...:D

No comments: