Saturday 14 March 2009

Shiseido Maquillage Face Creator in 22: Orangetastic

In my last post I had been summing up for the things I was waiting for in the mail. This week I received one of those items, the Shiseido Maquillage Face Creator in 22.

I was very enthousiastic to try it out. I opened the box, and saw a spectrum of orangy toned colours. In the first instant, I regretted buying the 22, because warm toned colours are not really suitable on my neutral-cool face.



If you click on the picture above, you can see that the colours are beautiful, but rather orange.

I was not completely thrown away, because the swatches can sometimes be different that what you see in the pan. Unfortunately, they are indeed very orangetastic. The only colour that would be somewhat suitable for me is the third colour on the left, the shader colour.


The picture with flash is even more orange than the picture without flash. Yikes, this one looked so much prettier on the pictures I have seen online.


Anyway, it has not been my best buy. I prefer my Maquillage in 33 soooo much more.

Fortunately, I had a relatively good deal on ebay when buying this, so I did not loose that much dollars. And I am always happy to provide information and swatches for the other beauty addicts online, so it has not been the worst thing.

I think I might compensate by buying the Face creator refill in 11 from ichibankao today, as they still have the 5% off on Maquillage and Coffret d'Or.

Anyway, I am still waiting for the other things. Also, I forgot to mention that I am also waiting for a biiiig Banilla haul from Gmarket. I hope my package is not being held hostage too long at the Customs (it has been lying there for 5 days now). "Come on, customs...give me my Banilla!"

So, dear readers, for which items are you waiting for?

10 comments:

sarahPUFFY! said...

I've actually been wanting the face creator in 22 for ages! so thanks for those swatches - and I'm sorry it didn't work for you! :(

sarahPUFFY! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Engmin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

i think you are right. this doesn't look exciting for its price tag. i had been going to see MQ for ages but nothing has stood out. I ended up buying a lot more The Makeup instead. (They are always together here in Malaysia.)

cheryl said...

looks like this can work better as a contouring palette or something.. would u b interested to swap with me for something?...just wondering.

Jamilla Camel said...

Hi Birkie,

I would like to buy this from you!

I love Orange!


P.S. I already have the 33 and I love it too!

MiuMiu said...

i don't think it's too orangey. you could always use it as a bronzer?
number 11 is a nice palette. the blush is really pigmented! =D hope you get it soon

cavano said...

Wow, I swear besides Fuz you're also the ultimate haul queen here lol. Any tips on finding good deals on Ebay ;)? I never seems to find the interesting Japanese stuffs there *grumble* :p.
Can't wait to hear about the Banila Co haul, may I know how much shipping is refunded? I'm sure you ordered a LOT of stuffs lol.
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Banila haul???? oooooh

NOTE TO CUSTOMS: HURRY UP AND HAND OVER BIRKIES STUFF ALREADY!!!!! NOW!!!!

Angie said...

I'm waiting for a bunch of Paul and Joe items right now hehe.

Aww pity you regret the 22, but I think it'll be nice in the summer time!